Posted to uk.d-i-y
Me Me is offline

Default LED v CFL bulbs

On 10/21/2017 6:49 PM, Me wrote:
My house is mostly lit by cfl lamps, apart from a couple of LEDs used as
bedside lights.Â* I am thinking about switching to LEDs throughout.Â* Is
this viable?Â* Pros and cons?Â* I would value your opinions.

Thank you.

Wow, what a response!
I read every reply, even the ones that drifted away from the original
question and am much the wiser for it.

I will replace most if not all of cfcs but not all at once. I will wait
for them to expire, which won't take too long in my own experience.
Thank you all for some very interesting reading, you have been a great help.

One further thing, when I first started using (over 20 years ago) cfcs I
was told never to switch one off before at least 20 minutes had elapsed
to allow for "cathode regeneration" or the bulb life would be seriously
shortened. Is this still true?

Thanks again