Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Refrigerator

On Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 10:14:06 AM UTC-4, Iggy wrote:
replying to trader_4, Iggy wrote:
Sure, a HSK might fix the problem today, but what about next month when the
HSK fix fails or you discover it's not cooling or leaking water or not
defrosting or not making ice, etc. $150 to for a Service Repairer's overall
assessment and maybe install of the correct HSK would be well worth it.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...r-1148619-.htm

Maybe it's well worth it to you, I'd go with the $15 hard start
kit, provided it had symptoms of a hard start problem. I did that
with my previous central AC and got another 15 years out of it,
no problems at all. And no reason to believe paying someone $150 to
put one in is going to be any better. It also depends on the age
of the fridge, if it's old, I wouldn't spend $150 to find out
what's wrong with it.