Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed[_24_] Ed[_24_] is offline

Default Refrigerator

On 10/28/2017 10:40 AM, Harvey Wallbanger wrote:
On 10/27/2017 04:53 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/27/2017 4:41 PM, Bubba wrote:
7 years service for a $20 investment was not bad.Â* YMMV but depending upon the OP's particular situation it could be the deal of a lifetime. . . or not.

Sherbet old refrigerators are energy hogs.Â* Unless you got free electric from solar panel window panes, you might as well get a new EnergyStar model and start saving.Â* After all, you don't want the sherbet to melt.

Yep, if you buy a $2000 new refrigerator you can save up to $10 a month. Â*My pencil is broke so I can't calculate the payback right now but I know is is there.

Oh good grief!Â* A refrigerator is a box that keeps food cold.Â* No need to spend $2k.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Whirlpool-1...-STAR/50304471

FWIW, put a Kill A Watt device on a 20-year-old garage fridge. Turns out the thing was costing $16/mo to run so I got rid of it. The old hog has not been replaced yet but see the new fridges use less than $4/mo.