Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Paul Hovnanian P.E. Paul Hovnanian P.E. is offline

Default Need to buy a transmission jack for a Tacoma clutch - HF has a sale - advice?

harry newton wrote:

How heavy is a W59 Toyota Tacoma transmission anyway?

Don't know. But I did a clutch job on my FJ40. I'd estimate the tranny and
transfer to weigh about 250 lbs. I can lift them if they are lying on the
ground, but not to position them for reinstallation.

I took the floor panel off (over the transmission), opened both doors, ran a
beam through the doors and hung a chain hoist from it. I don't know if a
Tacoma has such a floor panel.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Excuse me for butting in, but I'm interrupt-driven.