Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Foxs Mercantile Foxs Mercantile is offline

Default Motor clutch slipping on Selectric

On 10/28/2017 8:38 AM, Ivan Vegvary wrote:
Back in the late '70s I was paying $12-1300 for used
selectrics. Those were real dollars. Hurts to see
them at garage sales for $5-10. Wonderful machines!

Some time ago, I read a wonderful article about them.
"The invention nobody needed."

After their introduction, it seemed like EVERY office
in the US replaced their old mechanical typewriters.

In my Junior year in high school I took a typing class.
Being good at it I was allowed to use one of the IBM
Selectrics. 65 WPM here we come!

You'll never fully appreciate doing a two column full
justification on a PC unless you've done it by hand
with a typewriter and a red pencil. ;-)

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi