Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
harry newton harry newton is offline

Default Need to buy a transmission jack for a Tacoma clutch - HF has a sale - advice?

He who is said on Fri, 27 Oct 2017 23:54:01 -0400:

Unless things are badly corroded, I'd rebuild.

The car doesn't have any corrosion at all but of course I wouldn't know
what's inside the master and slave cylinder.

But the fluid is black!

I'm going to flush it today but I only have a quart of DOT4 and it calls
for DOT3.

Do you think it will harm anything to flush with DOT4 until I can get DOT3
in there until I buy and receive the parts to replace or rebuild the master
and slave cylinders?