Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default How to clean outside of white aluminum gutters

On 10/27/2017 10:30 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/27/2017 1:14 PM, RonC wrote:
replying to Ray K, RonC wrote:
I have used acetone. Place on rag and wipe. Do not wipe too much. Acetone
actually removes a thin layer of paint. My steps ...
1. Wash with soap and water. Let dry.
2. Dampen a rag with acetone and wipe in one direction. Always wipe
from clean
into dirty area. Otherwise dirty paint will smear out if you wipe back
and
forth.
3. Apply car wax to protect paint. I will try to upload images.

Acetone has some potential risks.Â* I just use a strong bleach solution
and a garden sprayer.Â* Rinse. Done

1/2 cup of bleach and 1/2 cup of TSP in a gallon of water. Spray it on
and brush it.