Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How to tighten round nut on swtich?

In sci.electronics.repair, on Thu, 26 Oct 2017 17:48:38 -0500, "Dave M"
wrote:

I have a driver for those knurled nuts, bought it about 40 years ago, still
going strong, very similar to Ebay item 252720374881

Looks good, but $30 for one nut is hard to spend. I should have bought
this 40 years ago.

A few others that should work (or not):

Another Ebay item: 282599004397

Interesting that this is the second hit I've seen related to guitars and
nuts. Those guitar guys must spend a lot of time on their switches.

Also, very good photos of the product, heehee.

And $12 is more affordable.

Ebay item 321503159614

This makes the 3rd guitar item, and looks like a better idea than the
one just above. And only $10. That's a serious possibility.
But the photos aren't as good.

Thanks all.

I can vouch for the driver that I have... it never fails, doesn't mar the
nut or the panel.

Cheers,
Dave M

micky wrote:
I need to put a momentary on switch in my dashboard, and the one I
bought doesn't have a hex nut for the top nut but a round serrated
ring to hold the switch in place.

How do you tighten this? I don't see how fingers can do as good a job
as a wrench did with the hex nut, and pliers will scratch it up.

I could find an old hex nut, but I'd rather use the pretty round one,
if I can.