Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default How do I remove glued-in headset drivers (tiny speakers) from myheadset?

On 27/10/2017 16:01, me wrote:
I've got a surround sound headset which needs a driver replacement. The problem is that they're firmly glued in. The surrounding plastic is ABS and I'm guessing the main body of the drivers probably is too.

So is there a particular solvent to loosen the glue that doesn't affect ABS? I'm assuming they are removable or else how would the manufacturer replace them under warranty?

And before you say it, yes I have tried to tentatively lever them out but they're not going to last long doing that. The drivers are really fragile and really firmly glued in.

Pic of drivers: https://imgur.com/a/0zV4G

Thanks for any suggestions.

"I'm assuming they are removable or else how would the manufacturer
replace them under warranty?"

They just give you a new headphone.