Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Where do you buy your passenger car tire patch plugs?

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 6:52:23 PM UTC-4, Blake Snyder wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 14:47:34 -0700 (PDT), in
, trader_4
wrote:

And I've done tire dismounting, so I know how they come off, it's
obvious that if the tire changer isn't bolted down, the whole
damn thing is going to move while you try to get the tire off the rim.
You really should stop while you're behind.

Look at this before you continue to make an utter fool of yourself.
http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com/jeep/tirechng.htm

Here's a guy doing the job in pajamas on a makeshift pallet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg4iPmU9OYs

I have done *plenty* of tires before I decided to drill the holes to sink
the female inserts to bolt the tire mounter down, and you do *not* have to
bolt the mounter into the garage floor. Period.

I see, so you finally followed the simple directions in the instructions
and bolted the tire changer to the floor. Funny you did that, if there
was no need to do it. I guess pajamas and a pallet didn't work so well
after all?

You can stake it into the ground.
You can screw it into a board.
You can screw it into a pallet.
etc.

How long would it take *you* to screw the tire mounting tool into a pallet?
Took me about five minutes.

I don't have a pallet and you can add that to your list of things to
store. I suppose you'll tell us that a pallet is like a leaf blower,
just one of those things people typically have around. I've changed
tires on a floor mounted machine, I can imagine how well it must
work trying to do it on a pallet.

I realize that's too difficult a task for you, but *everything* you have
written has been so *dead wrong* as to be ridiculous.

I told you it had to be bolted down. The instructions say so too.
You do listen to safety instructions, right? You claim to listen
to tire manufacturers and tire shops, so why not listen to the
folks in China who built that HF tire changer? Oh, wait, you just
told us that you did finally drill holes in the floor to mount it.
And I'm the one who's been wrong? ROFL

All you do is make a fool of yourself.
It's like you don't like cleaning toilet bowls, so you try to tell us that
your **** doesn't stink.

All your arguments only work on fools.
I'm done with the bunch of you.

You're all utter fools (except maybe one or two of you who can *think*).

Not one statement from you in this entire thread was correct. Not one.
Be real. It's OK if you don't like the job.
But you should stop lying to yourself.

Tell *yourself* the truth, for once.
There's no need to bolt it into the driveway or sidewalk or garage floor.

Here are references, but you won't believe facts so it doesn't matter.
http://i1os.com/tire_changer/b9RmKQOZEoE.video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ii19ZV3XPo
http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/40387-harbor-freight-tire-changer/
http://rmpmotosports.com/wordpress/?page_id=1160
http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/f19/my-harbor-freight-tire-changer-mods-79717/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuH5BzAR4a4

I'm totally out of here becuase all you guys *can* do is troll nonsense

Me too. I'm getting in my pajamas to go look for a pallet so I can
buy me one of those tire changer things.