Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Removing a WC pan

On 26/10/2017 19:45, GB wrote:
On 26/10/2017 18:55, Graeme wrote:

Spent time today removing a WC pan, or rather the cistern. The pan
itself is sitting on the floor, loose, waiting to be removed, but I'm
not sure what else I need.

The pan is not being replaced, so I need to block off the exit/waste
pipe. I thought I needed some sort of inflatable balloon that goes in
the waste pipe. Is that right, and if so, what is it called?
Searches involving pipe and balloon just bring up plastic things to
stop leaves going into waste pipes from gutters. Perhaps I just need
a 'soil pipe socket plug'? Or what looks like a ribbed rubber plug?

Thanks!

One of these probably.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/floplast-...lug-grey/18082

That will probably do - as long as you're left with a plastic push-fit
socket when you remove the pan connector.

But if you have a glazed pipe disappearing into the floor - or just a
110mm plastic pipe with no socket on the end, you'll need something
different.

What *have* you got? A photo[1] would be good.

[1] Uploaded to some webspace somewhere (Dropbox, etc.) with a link here.
--
Cheers,
Roger