Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused[_4_] Unquestionably Confused[_4_] is offline

Default Where do you buy your passenger car tire patch plugs?

On 10/26/2017 12:45 PM, Blake Snyder wrote:
On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 07:32:29 -0700 (PDT), in
, trader_4
wrote:

Did you find those patch/plugs yet?

Of course I *found* them, as they're on the Internet.
But, in the end, I simply *guessed* as to which ones were good.

The question of quality was not in the original post. It apparently
entered somewhere along the line when you felt the need to increase the
longevity of the thread and your bull**** about whether or not we were
idiots or losers because we wouldn't invest in the equipment to change
our own tires every time we had a flat.

You asked:

"Looks like I have to get my patch plugs online, but I don't need a box
of five hundred. Five would do me well for the next couple of years or so.

Where do you buy small quantities of patch plugs to repair passenger car
tires?"

See anything there related to quality? You rejected suggestions - mine
and others - to buy a limited quantity from a local repair shop.

I was hoping there would be some related experience here, and not just a
bunch of whining by people who didn't like doing the job.

Thence, other than all that useless whining, I found out only *after* I had
asked that nobody here has done the job except Clare.

[snip]

I agree with you. This is a "home" repair group.
They have no experience with even the most basic of basic car repairs, it
seems.

That's likely an erroneous assumption on your part. I, and I'm sure
many others, like doing minor (and maybe even major) repairs on cars and
other projects around the home.

It just isn't a smart use of one's time or money to purchase the
equipment to do a job like tire repair when one can get the job done
professionally for free or under, say, $20. I currently own three cars
and during the past 20 years or so have owned as many as five at one
point. I have experienced a grand total of 3 flats or leaks that needed
repair. One was on a run flat tire that I repaired using the "rope
patch" and drove for another 15,000 miles before replacing all the
tires. The other two were handled, at no cost, by the tire dealer. The
only one I ever paid to have fixed at a local garage cost me $10 about
25 years ago.

It's my fault for asking for advice.
Not theirs for whining that they don't like the job.

At last we can agree on something.