Posted to alt.home.repair
Blake Snyder Blake Snyder is offline

Default Where do you buy your passenger car tire patch plugs?

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 09:44:36 -0400, in
,
wrote:

Tes, but when I buy new tires I have the supplier install and balance
them - then there is never a question about who is responsible if
there is a problem - and for the last 26 tears since I have been out
of "the business", my time has been worth more to someone else than
the cost of having tires mounted.

You're the only one who posted, it seems, who knows what he's talking about
because you have *done* the job (albeit using professional tools and not
the homeowner tools - which are markedly different in every way).

The "time is money" argument can be said about *anything* you do around the
house, from cleaning the toilet bowl to pruning the trees to mowing the
lawn to fixing the ho****er heater.

Every time the time-is-money argument shows up, it's *always* really just
another way of saying "I don't like the job".

That's fine. But you need to be true to yourself, since the time-is-money
argument works for repairing the kids' sneakers and for replacing a broken
window pane and for cleaning the gutters, etc.

The time-is-money argument works for *every* home repair, so it has
*nothing* to do with this, the most basic of all car repairs, which is
changing and repairing tires (which is about as basic as doing an oil
change or replacing your brakes).

As for "who is responsible", that's another "odd" argument. If you wound
your own garage door springs, who would be responsible? If you vacuumed
your own pool, who would be responsible? If you chainsawed a tree branch,
who would be responsible? If you replaced your brakes, who would be
responsible? If you fixed a leak in the kitchen sink who would be
responsible?

My point is that both the "time is money" and "who is responsible"
arguments are non-specific ways of saying "you don't like the job".

And that's ok.
Just don't lie to yourself.
Be true to yourself.

It's OK that you don't like the job, but it's not ok to throw up imaginary
hurdles which can be applied equally well to *any* job you ever did at home
or on the car.

We get it. You don't like the job.
That's OK.