Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tom Kupp[_2_] Tom Kupp[_2_] is offline

Default How to tighten round nut on swtich?

On 10/25/2017 09:31 PM, Tom Biasi wrote:
On 10/25/2017 9:15 PM, micky wrote:
I need to put a momentary on switch in my dashboard, and the one I
bought doesn't have a hex nut for the top nut but a round serrated ring
to hold the switch in place.

How do you tighten this?Â* I don't see how fingers can do as good a job
as a wrench did with the hex nut, and pliers will scratch it up.

I could find an old hex nut, but I'dÂ* rather use the pretty round one,
if I can.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nut-Repeir-...HvDq DUV16oGQ

If you google "serrated switch nut wrench" you'll see a bunch of
possibilities. The one I used to use is at
https://www.amazon.com/StewMac-Adjus...ADRF7QRVHXVW7F