Posted to sci.electronics.repair
rickman rickman is offline

Default How to tighten round nut on swtich?

micky wrote on 10/25/2017 9:15 PM:
I need to put a momentary on switch in my dashboard, and the one I
bought doesn't have a hex nut for the top nut but a round serrated ring
to hold the switch in place.

How do you tighten this? I don't see how fingers can do as good a job
as a wrench did with the hex nut, and pliers will scratch it up.

I could find an old hex nut, but I'd rather use the pretty round one,
if I can.

Use some cloth to cover the nut and then use pliers. Just don't grip too
tightly or it can tear through the cloth.

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998