Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where do you buy your passenger car tire patch plugs?

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 03:46:00 -0000 (UTC), Blake Snyder
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 21:59:51 -0400, in
,
wrote:

I've had 2 flats on the road in 49 years - one of them in the
Black hills of North Dakota at about -40 - (as well as 3 tire valves
failing within a few days while on holliday)and have had a few go flat
in the drivewy -or develop "slow leaks" - none of which were an
"emergency". The one in North Dakota was on a tire that really should
not have been fixed - it was pretty well worn - but it got me to Banff
Alberta and back home to Ontario after having it repaired (JUST made
it to a shop that could fix it before it got too low to drive on ---
was looking for air to get me to the next city and I found the manager
of the local Co-Op pulling into his driveway in his pickup truck at
7pm on Sunday night and he insisted on opening the shop and fixing the
tire for me. Good western hospitality.)

Almost everyone, including you, has replaced a tire, I'm sure, using the
manual method, whether that be a car tire or a motorcycle tire or a bicycle
tire.

The arguments are the same for all of them.

The only way to know if the patch is safe is to patch it from the inside.

Even so, the tools do more than fix tires.
The tools replace tires too.

I'll guess that you've *replaced* tires a lot!

Tes, but when I buy new tires I have the supplier install and balance
them - then there is never a question about who is responsible if
there is a problem - and for the last 26 tears since I have been out
of "the business", my time has been worth more to someone else than
the cost of having tires mounted.