Posted to alt.home.repair
Blake Snyder Blake Snyder is offline

Default Where do you buy your passenger car tire patch plugs?

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 12:48:16 -0500, in
news
I've used cylindrical, rectangular and rope type plugs. They all work as long as you run
the plug tool (or reamer) in the hole coated with fresh glue, and coat the plug with fresh
glue. I've plugged 8 or 9 tires that way, and all lasted the life of the tire.
So IMO it doesn't matter what type you use. The rope-type seems to be easier to insert.

I think it's interesting that we *all* have had the *same* experience with
the outside plugs, in that they all lasted the life of the tire.

I never said that's the reason for removing the tire to patchplug.

My main reason is that once you've done a patchplug, you just *feel* better
about the job. Especially if it's for your daughter or your wife or your
neighbor.

You don't feel like you did the job right when you only do an external
repair, because you can't technically do it right without at the very least
looking at the inside of the carcass to see if it's damaged.

It's sort of like the difference between a real oak desk, and an plywood
desk with just an oak veneer on the outside.

Am I the only one who feels that way?