Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Is it normal to smell gas when your water heater turns on

On 2017-10-24, Dlyons09 m wrote:
The gas company came out and checked for a gas leak because me and my husband
smelled gas. They said there was no gas leak and its normal to smell gas when
the water heater kicks on. I'm still paranoid about it because I looked it up
and every post I've seen said you should never smell gas coming from your
water heater.

If you are a liberal DemocRAT, it is perfectly normal. When you smell
this, simply light up a cigarette, cigar, or pipe to dispell the odour.

If you are a conservative or libertarian it would be best to call in
a qualified technician to check it out and repair or replace the water
heater..

Ahhhh, this is the way "conservatives" like to deal with other opinions.
Such morality.