Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default removal of bathroom concrete floor

On Tue, 24 Oct 2017 19:44:09 GMT, MickB
m wrote:

I have a small bathroom that has 2 one inch layers of concrete or mud (I'm
not sure how to tell the difference)over floor boards that has developed soft
spots and I wish to lay ceramic over it. It has been suggested to me to use
an angle cutter to cut in front of the tub(floor is good under that and I am
not removing that) and to use the angle grinder to cut up chucks of the
concrete to remove. Is this the right way or is there an easier way?

Use an electric jack hammer is you don't want to raise dust. Just use the angle grinder to
score around the tub.