Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Discoloration on surface of new teak table

On 10/22/2017 1:50 AM, wrote:
Hi,

I bought a new teak outdoor table and left it outside (under cover but still exposed to sun and wind and a little rain). The wife put a piece of cloth in the middle of the table with some ornaments on top of the cloth. A week later I wanted to put some surface protector on the table top and removed the cloth and the wood under the cloth was darker than the rest of the table. I assume now would not be a good time to apply the wood protector, what do you recommend? If I leave it a bit longer will it change color to be the same as the rest of the table, or do I need to do something, eg. sand or wash it in order to make it the same color as the rest of the table?

Thanks,
Rob.

Faded, Resand the surface.