Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default HF Coupon Availability?

On Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 11:56:28 AM UTC-4, -MIKE- wrote:
On 10/24/17 5:47 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 9:36:37 PM UTC-4, J. Clarke wrote:
On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 17:59:07 -0700 (PDT), DerbyDad03
wrote:

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 4:07:27 PM UTC-4, Electric Comet wrote:
On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 14:18:37 +0000
Spalted Walt wrote:

Sunday at around 3PM, they increase the markdown to 50% off the
marked price which is where you can really make out like a bandit,
but be aware that a lot of the big-ticket items are well picked-over
by this time. Some have reported that you can sometimes make an offer
to the manager for remaining open-box items near closing hours on
Sunday.

maybe then on sunday night or early monday morning check the dumpster

Maybe before Sunday night or early Monday morning check if the dumpster is on
private property and if you'll get arrested for trespassing after you check the dumpster.

So how many people have actually been arrested for dumpster-diving in
a strip-mall dumpster?

Do they have Google where you live?

Around here, we have to pay for our trash service so there's a problem
with people dumping their big trash items in business dumpsters.
It's gotten to be such an expensive problem for businesses that they put
security cameras on their dumpsters.

Construction dumpsters are another common receptacle for unauthorized
trash.
The sheriff showed up at a neighbor's house to confront them about trash
found in a dumpster down the street on a property that was being
remodeled. The trash had mail with their address in it.

I did a little sleuthing and determined that we had a neighborhood trash
bandit who would go out, late at night, and find residential trash cans
to "swap" garbage with. He'd take out the bags in the cans, put his own
inside, then dump the swapped bags in the construction dumpsters. In
the meantime, his trash in gone to the dump the next morning and the
neighbors incriminating trash is in the construction dumpster to be
discovered.

What people won't go through to save 18 bucks a month. :-)

Maybe it's not about the money per se, but more about the thrill of the game. ;-)