Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Where do you buy your passenger car tire patch plugs?

On Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 1:35:38 PM UTC-4, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 10/24/2017 1:20 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Tuesday, October 24, 2017 at 12:48:48 PM UTC-4, Blake Snyder wrote:

I do all the above, except dismounting tires at home.

That's fine as I *know* most people don't dismount tires just like most
people don't dig their own fencepost holes.

The difference of course is that a hole digger is about the size of a
shovel, sits easily in the corner, and doesn't have to be mounted to
the garage floor. Tire changing eqpt is large, bulky and does have
to be floor mounted. And if I had the need to dig a bunch of holes,
I'd rent a power tool.

Last time I had a tire plugged/patched is about 5 years ago. In 56
years and 25 cars of driving I'd not paid out enough for tire repairs to
justify buying any equipment. I do have a tire pressure gauge though.

Similar experience here. I've had about 3 tire problems in maybe 15
years. One was when I drove over a short piece of nipple type pipe
on the road, it instantly deflated it. That was the end of that tire.
The other two were simple nails in the middle of the tread. Fixed
both of those with the rope type plugs and they held up fine.