a_mcbride

Default Boiler cutting out

My ideal elan 2 boiler ignites from cold with no problem. However after a period of time
anything from an hour to longer it refuses to fire up. After a period of time when it
obviously cools down it will then fire up again.

I initially thought there was a problem with the over heat stat, although this does not
need to be reset as it does not pop up. However I replaced it with some success I thought
as this morning the boiler fired constantly. However the same problem has started tonight
again. I can hear the air pressure switch clicking in and the fan is running but still no
ignition. Was wondering if it could be a pump problem, maybe the water can not get away
from the boiler quick enough and its overheating and then is cutting out until its cooled
down. However why doesn`t the overheat stat click in ?

Have phoned a round some heating engineers so far none want to know this side of Xmas.
Would a new pump solve the problem or is my conclusion wrong? Don`t fancy being without
consistent heat until after Xmas.

Any help appreciated

Andrew

An