Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default water meter - spinner running fast and slow

On 23-Oct-17 10:10 AM, trader_4 wrote:

He should open a faucet on each apt line when the valves are off and
see if there is any flow. I agree, it seems odd that an underground
(presumably) leak would cause the cycling.

Good point, I had intended to write that specifically to isolate any
apartment that is _not_ leaking (altho I had figured given the state of
mostly unused check valves likelihood was that all will show some bypass
flow).

I think the likelihood of the leak being underground in piping itself is
vanishingly small -- like it just ain't agonna' be. Unless, as noted,
it's the meter itself has gone nuts.