Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW[_2_] ARW[_2_] is offline

Default LED v CFL bulbs

On 23/10/2017 00:52, Michael Chare wrote:
On 21/10/2017 19:42, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Me presented the following explanation :
My house is mostly lit by cfl lamps, apart from a couple of LEDs used
as bedside lights.* I am thinking about switching to LEDs throughout.
Is this viable?* Pros and cons?* I would value your opinions.

Pros..
They come on instantly to full output, last considerably longer,
cheaper to run.

Cons..
None really, though some complain about the light spectrum.

I converted all of my regularly used/regularly on lights, over to LED
12 months ago - not a single failure so far. They vary from 3w to 9w.
Just to be clear, I did only swap out the ones which we use often - I
didn't do centre lights and some were 22w CFL's.

One difference is that with a pendant LED bulb very little light goes
upwards.

That is one thing I noticed when I relamped 2 years ago. There are now
better LEDs that do not do this.

--
Adam