Posted to alt.home.repair
David B.[_4_] David B.[_4_] is offline

Default OT , computers ...

On 23/10/2017 13:11, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 10/22/2017 10:22 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
Â* Got a ten year old iMac sittin' here , my d-i-l wants me to wipe it
and reset to as-new for my grandson . Problem is that I know nothing
about Apple comps and can't find much info online about one this old .
Any Apple users out there care to help ? This unit was apparently part
of a school network , wants to connect to a termunal server - but will
function independently , if slowly . Part of that will be cured by
adding more RAM , 512 Mb ain't near enough . Not planning on putting
money into it until I know if it can be reset though .

Â* --

Â* Snag

Â* Thanks to all who responded . The kid was given this comp for helping
out a neighbor , probably because they couldn't figure it out either .
Y'all are right , it's slow - I was hoping adding some RAM would help
that ... But if none of the software now available will run on it , I
see no point . I have a "new" box here I built for him , has a new
Asrock mobo , quad core cpu , 8 Gb RAM and runs Win7 Pro 64 . But until
he gets his room cleaned (ongoing battle , and his room looks just like
the rest of the house)Â* there's nowhere to put it .

If you go here ... http://www.crucial.com

Crucial System Scanner

If you don't know your system's specs, use this.
Download and use our scanner tool, which will analyze your system's
hardware and provide a list of compatible upgrades that will work best
with your system's specs and capabilities.

=

I upgraded MY Apple iMac with RAM from Crucial years ago.

It's not expensive!

--
David B.