Posted to uk.d-i-y
Yam man Yam man is offline

Default Power lights in loft from lighting circuit help please

replying to Andy Burns, Yam man wrote:
You're opinion please the busbar you mention is it the copper metal thing at
the bottom of the mcbs? so licking that clean ain't a good idea??:-) only
jesting I thank yous all for the help yous have giving me. Im not stupid with
electrics I'm really careful and little afraid. The busbar was never covered
it's like that always (needs cover?) The earth wire previously stated isn't
connected to nothing I removed and pushed back into wall behind bathroom sink
where it has been for over 6 years pic of it Inc. We have 4 main earth wires
coming from cu can you tell me on tt system were these would go? 1 goes to gas
pipe just 1 n half foot away from my gas meter I think? We're would other 3 go
to? Don't worry I'm not going hunting for them or anything just trying to
educate myself (and others reading) a little further on this type of system.
John explained how to test cu I'm not confident in my abilities to try that
hence why I didn't do it. Great forum some great help thanks to all .
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/bj
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/bk