Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default water meter - spinner running fast and slow

On Sunday, October 22, 2017 at 10:51:04 PM UTC-4, Lenny Jacobs wrote:
My water line leaks. When checking the meter, I found the spinner
running fast and slow, not at a constant speed. The high speed was about
three times faster than the slow speed. The cycle is about six seconds
at slow speed and two or three seconds at high speed.

I wonder what causes the fluctuation, water pressure?

Have you checked all the toilets? A leaking flapper and the toilet topping off will create a cycle, but 6 secs is fast.