Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default OT, how come no directions to Cool Springs?

In alt.home.repair, on Sun, 22 Oct 2017 17:50:15 -0700 (PDT), trader_4
wrote:

I ordered a Toyota part from a place there, and I'm sure it will come on
time, within 2 weeks, but I was curious what the driving time is (9
hours?). The town is right on an interestate just south of Nashville,
and Baltimore is at the corner of one and 2 halves interstates.

Try right clicking the mouse when over the map. I pulled it up here and
it does behave strange. There is no directions option. I tried another
city and it came up with the normal directions box. But then I tried
Cool Springs again, same thing, no directions. So, I right clicked when
on the map, one of the options is directions, and then it works.

Oh, very good.

Now why you'd consider driving 8 hours each way to pick up an auto part,

I'm not driving. The mailman is driving. As I said, "I'm sure it will
come on time". I know there is no iron-clad correlation between
distance and time, but it still interests me.

It's 10 hours and 41 minutes if he leaves now. (and yes, I know it
won't be coming straight here. When I bought something from New
Orleans, its route was a tour of the South. I only remember Smyrna
Georgia.)

I had an item coming from China that landed in San Francisco but spent
over 3 days at the same place in Sacramento. I wonder what it was
doing. It was probably too drunk to travel after partying with female
packages. But it still arrived within the times they said it would.

IDK. Even the expensive overnight shipping options would make more
sense and cost less. Also, are you sure it's even coming from there?
Many times when ordering auto parts, they can ship out of regional warehouses.
I've ordered parts from an online company in CA and had it actually ship
out of NJ, 30 miles from where I am.

If some place would tell me that, they'd get my business. Even when I'm
not in a hurry, I like a) for it to come quickly, and b) not to waste
the world's resources on shipping. A Toyota dealer had this part but
he was in California. Tennessee is a lot closer.