Posted to rec.woodworking

Default what is the state of the art in wood products

Some people are carvers. Carvers like wood. Mahogany scraps is
a wonderful find if clear and bug free.
Martin

On 10/22/2017 4:29 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 22 Oct 2017 13:04:50 -0700, Electric Comet
wrote:

in the other thread about the teak table i wonder how much teak is left
in the world
i have to guess that teak is a slow growing species so probably not much
so what is the state of the art in wood like products composite products
i know they have at least a few different kinds but i have not kept
up with the offerings
anyone on top of this
would think that the market for bug proof long lasting composite wood
products would be large

I feel bad about wasting mahogany scraps - wish I could think of
a re-purpose for the trim pieces and small baseboard - but it's
all quite thin ... I cringe a bit when throwing it in the fire.
.. not much good for true woodworking projects - but maybe crafty
things .. ? or toys .. ? dunno. Ideas welcome.
John T.