Posted to uk.d-i-y
Michael Chare[_4_] Michael Chare[_4_] is offline

Default LED v CFL bulbs

On 21/10/2017 19:42, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Me presented the following explanation :
My house is mostly lit by cfl lamps, apart from a couple of LEDs used
as bedside lights.* I am thinking about switching to LEDs throughout.
Is this viable?* Pros and cons?* I would value your opinions.

Pros..
They come on instantly to full output, last considerably longer, cheaper
to run.

Cons..
None really, though some complain about the light spectrum.

I converted all of my regularly used/regularly on lights, over to LED 12
months ago - not a single failure so far. They vary from 3w to 9w. Just
to be clear, I did only swap out the ones which we use often - I didn't
do centre lights and some were 22w CFL's.

One difference is that with a pendant LED bulb very little light goes
upwards. I have a theory that lamp shades should last longer because
the bulbs do not give off much heat.

I only buy 2700K bulbs, not 300K bulbs as they are to white (IMHO).

I have had a number of failures.

--
Michael Chare