Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default LED v CFL bulbs

On 22/10/2017 10:48, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote on 22/10/2017 :
Obvioulsly myself I hardly use lights these days, but* as long as you
get the right colour temp for what you need then I think LEDs are more
efficient, and come on faster.

Well, actually they come on at full bright instantly. That alone saves
current, because I feel more inclined to turn them off, knowing there
will be no delay when I switch them back on.

I just bought a couple from B&Q (yes, I know, but I needed them _THEN_
to go with some new lights).

Much to my surprise they take a second to come on. And are completely
flicker free.

Andy