Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Power lights in loft from lighting circuit help please

On Sunday, 22 October 2017 21:48:27 UTC+1, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 21/10/2017 22:44, Yam man wrote:
replying to John Rumm, Yam man wrote:
Thanks John for reply we had friend of friend who is sparx and he
checked all
my work that I had disconnected earlier and confirmed no problems and
reconnected all up and confirmed you're earlier suggestions off faulty rcd
recommended replacement. But that is as far as he will go as friends
favours.
£20 to fit it if I get the rcd on Tuesday am. Hopefully this will be the
problem solved. Thanks for all help suggestions and advise I will let
you know
if this is solved.

I'm glad to hear that. I was getting nervous that you might hurt
yourself. Still, if John was helping you I wasn't going to get involved
- he knows far more than I do.

Andy

I thought the OP connected some earth or equipotential bond wire to some pipework, that would be my first suspicion

NT