Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.war.vietnam,alt.support.depression,alt.war.vietnam,alt.2600
David David is offline

Default DS77 complains about the "Kenmore Coldspot Refrigerator Freezing"

"Colonel Edmund J. Burke" wrote in message

On 10/22/2017 9:44 AM, ds777 wrote:
I have a Kenmore Coldspot side-by-side refrigerator, model 106.5227. The
refrigerator section is frozen, even with the temp control set all the way
(or
anywhere I set it). This model has a mechanical control for the small door
between the freezer and refrigerator sections. I ordered a new thermostat.
When I took the old one out, I did a simple test - stuck it in freezer and
connected an ohmmeter. It did click open after a minute or two, so I
assumed
it was working. I installed the new one and cleaned out dust etc from the
coils while I had the unit pulled out from the wall. The problem remains.
After stabilizing overnight, temperatures a freezer -20F, refrigerator
22F.
The mechanical linkage between the left knob and the small door between
the
freezer and refrigerator is working. When I turn the temp control (right
knob)
fully counterclockwise I think I hear the relay click.

If you actually had two cents to rub together, you'd just go out and buy a
new refer, ya cheap *******!

I took my night meds last night.