Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default LED v CFL bulbs

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , charles
wrote:
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , Tim Watts
wrote:
Light wise, LEDs are now very good - better than CFLs *and*
tungsten.

Bit of a broad statement, that. LEDs still don't have the continuous
spectrum output you get from halogen - and may never have. But they
are certainty better than only a couple of years ago,

I bought some LED SES candle bulbs, to replace halogens which have a
comparatively short life. 4w LEDs are a little brighter than the 35w
halogen and a very similar colour temperature (as far as I can see)

For just general purpose lighting they do seem now to be a lot better.
But not sure they're up to being used for everything halogen does well.
And still expensive if you want one which really does give an equivalent
light output to the common halogen sizes.

I haven't bought one, but CPC are selling 100w LED floods.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England