Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default LED v CFL bulbs

In article ,
charles wrote:
In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Tim Watts wrote:
Light wise, LEDs are now very good - better than CFLs *and* tungsten.

Bit of a broad statement, that. LEDs still don't have the continuous
spectrum output you get from halogen - and may never have. But they are
certainty better than only a couple of years ago,

I bought some LED SES candle bulbs, to replace halogens which have a
comparatively short life. 4w LEDs are a little brighter than the 35w
halogen and a very similar colour temperature (as far as I can see)

For just general purpose lighting they do seem now to be a lot better. But
not sure they're up to being used for everything halogen does well. And
still expensive if you want one which really does give an equivalent light
output to the common halogen sizes.

--
*I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.