Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default LED v CFL bulbs

In article ,
John Rumm wrote:
On 21/10/2017 22:10, NY wrote:

Also, can you get an LED bulb yet that is as bright as a 25 W CFL which
is I think is equivalent to about 150 W tungsten?

I have seen some 11W ones that claim to match a 100W tungsten...

It's interesting to use one in a common situation - say a central pendant
fitting in a white or light coloured room, and compare the ambient light
between them. My guess is they have a very special tungsten 100w they used
for comparison.

I have found that these:

https://www.ledhut.co.uk/led-filamen...hape-bulb.html

Seem to compare well to a 60W GLS - similar pattern of light production,
colour temperature, and brightness. CRI is not far off.

Note tried this, but:

https://www.ledhut.co.uk/led-filamen...00k-clear.html

Claims 1440 lumens which is in the ball park for a 100W (perhaps closer
to a 90W)

--
Cheers,

John.