Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Michael A Terrell Michael A Terrell is offline

Default Amazing accomplishment of light bulb sellers

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A Terrell wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

Michael A Terrell wrote:

Most of the disabled had brought a caretaker with them. There
were some county health workers there, as well. Still, it was no
fun needing to use the restroom, and having to make enough noise
to wake someone else

I'd have snagged a pop bottle really quickly. Or drank my water and
refilled the bottle. But that's only OK for #1.

Kind of hard to do when I couldn't even sit up, on the crappy cot.

Yeah, wake someone up first, if you didn't have a bottle of water.
From then on, you would have, though.

The school has a pair of restrooms between each pair of classrooms,
along with a pair of offices for the teachers. It looks more like a
college campus than a high school. So, once I was able to stand, it only
took a minute to get to a restroom. There was no privacy in the room,
with about 30 cots in it. The desks had been stacked in one corner, and
there was barely room to walk between the cots.

They were trucked to the school from a County warehouse by
prisoners and the Sheriff's department.

So how did the nasty folks get them from those who actually needed
them, and why, when prompted to reclaim them, didn't the overseers do
so?

They got there ahead of me, and there was no one onsite with any
authority other than to call the Sheriff or an ambulance.

I'm glad you didn't lose all your tron tools/scopes and stuff.

The mower was in the driveway. I had just got it running properly,
and I had it covered with a tarp and weights.

You're lucky the MOWER was still there after a HurriBlow. g
I'm so glad I don't live down there. Except during a rumble,
earthquakes are much more cordial.

The last one was in 2004.

Rural King is supposed to have both types of lawn tractor batteries
in stock, but the shelf is always empty. The auto parts places want
$40 for theirs, with only a 30 day warranty.

Can't you call Rural King and have them order one for you? It should
be here by the time you need to mow again.

They get them by the pallet. I just can't catch them in stock. They have
over 1000 car truck and other lead acid batteries on their shelves. They
just can't seem to keep what I need in stock. They did have new steel
Ammo cans for $10.99.

The battery was taken just before the hurricane, the yard needed
mowed two months ago. Now, some of the weeds are waist high and they
have nasty burrs on them.