Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Amazing accomplishment of light bulb sellers

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 19:12:59 -0400, Michael A Terrell
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 12:15:11 -0400, Michael A Terrell
wrote:

Most of the disabled had brought a caretaker with them. There were some
county health workers there, as well. Still, it was no fun needing to
use the restroom, and having to make enough noise to wake someone else

I'd have snagged a pop bottle really quickly. Or drank my water and
refilled the bottle. But that's only OK for #1.

Kind of hard to do when I couldn't even sit up, on the crappy cot.

Yeah, wake someone up first, if you didn't have a bottle of water.
From then on, you would have, though.

The beds weren't onsite?!?

They were trucked to the school from a County warehouse by prisoners
and the Sheriff's department.

So how did the nasty folks get them from those who actually needed
them, and why, when prompted to reclaim them, didn't the overseers do
so?

I normally have 200 to 400 cans of food on hand at all times. I buy
canned goods by the tray. I had bought 144 cans of soup a couple
years ago. I've used about 2/3 of them.

Good. Yeah, one has to cycle through them and restock as they do.

I take it that you're back at home and it's in fair shape?

What I've looked at is OK, but someone stole the battery out of my
mower, and I can't see the backs of a couple roofs. I have tried several
times to find a new battery, but I'm not going to pay $75 for a $20
lawnmower battery.

I'm glad you didn't lose all your tron tools/scopes and stuff.

The mower was in the driveway. I had just got it rrunning properly, and
I had it covered with a tarp and weights.

You're lucky the MOWER was still there after a HurriBlow. g
I'm so glad I don't live down there. Except during a rumble,
earthquakes are much more cordial.

Ebay is your friend. I got 5ah 12v (for my emer flashlights) for $16
delivered. Riding mower batteries are $20 on sale here at BiMart.
Crapsman mower batteries are $31 delivered from an Ebay vendor. Also
try Freecycle and Craigslist which might be sources for free cores if
not usable batteries.

Rural King is supposed to have both types of lawn tractor batteries
in stock, but the shelf is always empty. The auto parts places want $40
for theirs, with only a 30 day warranty.

Can't you call Rural King and have them order one for you? It should
be here by the time you need to mow again.

--
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to
succeed is more important than any one thing.