Crafty

Default Explosives: Tree stump removal

Not sure how well this works but you can buy an expensive commercial
product that accelerates the decomposition process of the stump. I
have seen it for sale at Home Depot and it is somewhat expensive: $10
for a small container with enough to do two stumps. I looked at the
container and the main ingredient is Potassium Nitrate (which you can
buy on eBay for $10/10lbs).

You can also drill holes and fill with cheap 10-10-10. Not sure how
well that works either but it does provide a source of nitrogen for
the bacteria that eat the stump and that's what will eventually do
them in.

Not the fastest way to get rid of stumps but I plan to try one or the
other next year when I clear some large trees to expand a horse
pasture.

Hello. I have been having trouble with removing a stump. I cannot
afford to rent a dozer, grinder, or hire someone to do it for me. I
have several LARGE stumps to remove. Digging is also impossible
because there are many other tree roots nearby, and the ground is
mostly rock and clay.

Well, it may be the only thing I can do. There are just too many to hire
someone else to do it for me. There's about 15 of them. I live in the
mountains, and it's a LONG way to town. Anyone coming out here would cost
serious dough.

Sure, the deep country is tranquil, but when you need something, you're
usually SOL unless you want to pay a lot or travel a long way to get it.

Thanks for the suggestions, though.