Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.os.linux,sci.electronics.repair
Brian Gregory Brian Gregory is offline

Default Did you update your router for the WPA2/PSK KRACK nonce re-useattack yet?

On 16/10/2017 13:46, harry newton wrote:
Did you update your router for the WPA2/PSK KRACK nonce re-use attack yet?
https://www.krackattacks.com

I reported it yesterday over here with links...
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/alt.internet.wireless

They made it public a half hour ago:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.internet.wireless/vn8yRnm7UF8/N89Wcd_OAAAJ

Manufacturers apparently had 50 days to effect the fix:
Key Reinstallation Attacks: Forcing Nonce Reuse in WPA2
https://papers.mathyvanhoef.com/ccs2017.pdf

Patches at the access point end are relatively unimportant.

What you need to patch most are your client devices.

--

Brian Gregory (in the UK).