SteveB

Default Explosives: Tree stump removal

"DBCooper" wrote in message
Let me know when the blast will occur. I want to come and watch.

My favorite video clip was the one from the Pacific Northwest.

A whale beached itself, and died. There was a discussion on the best way to
remove the whale from the beach. Too big to pick up and put on a flatbed.

Then someone had an idea. Pack explosives around the whale and convert it
to very very small pieces. The idea was accepted, and the explosives
placed. In the meantime, people started showing up. TV cameras showed up.
Ice cream trucks showed up.

All was ready. Cameras zoomed in from a "safe" distance.

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 BOOM.

It looked good for about five seconds. Then chunks could be seen dropping
from the sky. Closer and closer to the cameras came the puffs of dust from
landing chunks of blubber. People start screaming and running. Chunks now
landing IN the crowd of hysterical people. Cut tape.

In the aftermath, there were large chunks of blubber all over. One chunk
the size of a VolksWagen landed on top of a car pushing the roof down to
seat level. Luckily, no one was sitting in the car. People had bloody
blubber stains all over them, and it rained a mix of explosive residue mixed
with blubber, oil, and blood.

In the end, they had to go all over with pitchforks and front end loaders
and pick it all up.

It reminded me of Mr. Carlson's line in WKRP in Cinncinati: "As God is my
witness, I thought turkeys could fly."

STeve