Posted to uk.d-i-y
Yam man Yam man is offline

Default Power lights in loft from lighting circuit help please

replying to John Rumm, Yam man wrote:
Hi John I have traced all my new wiring back and disconnected the fused spur
from my sockets I have removed both fuses from the 2 lights I added. The
tripping got worse to the point last night we couldn't reset it as it tripped
straight off. I've tried switching different breakers on and off it will still
trip even if all breakers off and just main switch rcd on. I fitted 5 new
socket fronts around house at same time and disposed of old 1s. All are single
pole double sockets. I've removed them all and put block connectors and
covered in insulation tape. I'm now got downstairs lights and sockets only and
it still trips. Any ideas insight advise on what I can do greatly appreciated.
Did manage to get multimeter but red prong is missing it's just bear wire to
use. Will get 1 tomorrow morning.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...e-1242228-.htm