Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default mini backhoe

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
On Fri, 20 Oct 2017 21:32:55 -0700, Rudy Canoza

wrote:

On 10/20/2017 8:03 AM, Neon John wrote:
On Sun, 15 Oct 2017 11:09:46 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I am trying to collect material and ideas in order to make a mini
backhoe. I may never make one, but I am proceeding on the
grounds that I will.

Why don't you just buy a mini-backhoe?

I am certain the majority of people who follow this group make the
wrong
decision on make-or-buy.

If this was a home economics NG, you would be right. But this is
nominally a recreational metalworking NG, and making wrong economic
decisions is our raison d'être. d8-)

Making things when it makes no economic sense to do so, and keeping
ridiculous old junk alive by fixing and making spare parts for it,
is
our equivalent of camping in a tent when you have a perfectly good
house to sleep in.

--
Ed Huntress

Or spending a great deal of money to catch a few fish.