Bruce

Default Explosives: Tree stump removal

Not sure how well this works but you can buy an expensive commercial
product that accelerates the decomposition process of the stump. I
have seen it for sale at Home Depot and it is somewhat expensive: $10
for a small container with enough to do two stumps. I looked at the
container and the main ingredient is Potassium Nitrate (which you can
buy on eBay for $10/10lbs).

You can also drill holes and fill with cheap 10-10-10. Not sure how
well that works either but it does provide a source of nitrogen for
the bacteria that eat the stump and that's what will eventually do
them in.

Not the fastest way to get rid of stumps but I plan to try one or the
other next year when I clear some large trees to expand a horse
pasture.

Crafty wrote in message ...
Hello. I have been having trouble with removing a stump. I cannot afford to
rent a dozer, grinder, or hire someone to do it for me. I have several
LARGE stumps to remove. Digging is also impossible because there are many
other tree roots nearby, and the ground is mostly rock and clay.