Ed Sirett

Default Clueless about Flueless

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 17:24:44 +0000, Christian McArdle wrote:

I would like some advice on *Fluless gas fires.

Flueless gas fires pump out water at a massive rate, causing mould and
condensation. They require enormous ventilation, making them particularly
inefficient due to all the cold air you need to allow into the house.

I would strongly recommend not installing one.

They are fairly expensive, can only be fitted in quite large rooms.
And given that they are enclosed they are more like a wood burning stove
than a 'real' fire.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk