Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7 camera with gyro-stabilised lens

In article , lid
says...

Instead of rice you may want to hear what this fellow that repairs cell
phones and such has to say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPeITOz2_YM

I got through a couple of minutes of this foul-mouthed loudmouth before
giving up. He may have a point (although he's got a vested interest as
he repairs cellphones), but you might do better to look at a link given
in one of the comments on the Youtube video at:
https://www.gazelle.com/thehorn/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Water-Damage-Prevention-and-Recovery.pdf.
However, having read through how they did that "study" I'm not entirely
convinced by their conclusion! Note also that the OP's camera was not on
at the time, which, IMHO, makes a hell of a difference.

Seems to me like they have the same conclusion that the rice is not
worth trying.