Posted to rec.woodworking

Default My Email To Home Depot Regarding The Husky Hand Tool Replacment Process

On Thu, 19 Oct 2017 16:04:58 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 19-Oct-17 3:27 PM, wrote:
... story elided solely for brevity..
... In the end Harbor Freight did the right thing.

Actually, HF generally does pretty will on the service end, particularly
when you consider their product niche. Yeah, it's essentially
impossible to get a part for anything they sell as there is no
manufacturing support network; they're all just throwaway products so
there just are no spare parts.

But, they are generally more flexible as you note I've found and if
there is an alternative they're not bound to follow some
totally-controlled script from headquarters that the box stores have.

We've got same problem -- it's 200 mi to the nearest so returning
something is generally more expensive than just buying another and
tossing the first...

Anbd sometimes the best solution for the store is to send you a new
one - and forget about you returning the first one - which solves (for
you) the "noparts available for servics" problem - - and saves them
having to dispose of the bad one.