Posted to rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Warm daah before taking it apart?

I have to remove the air vents above the radio in the middle of the dash
tomorrow, on a 2005 Toyota.

I tried today several times and the bezel or whatever bent without
breaking, but the thing popped back where it was originally.

I'm worried about cracking or breaking the plastic. Today was 68,
tomorrow will be 71 they say.

Is it better to do this in warm weather? I can turn on the heater and
warm up the plastic, if that will either make it less likely to break,
or more likely for the rectangular plastic plugs to slip out of their
rectangular plastic sockets. 3 at the top and 3 at the bottom, left,
right, and middle.

I should more closely but I think or I assume the console and the box
below the radio have the same kind of plugs and they came out easily,
twice. The box doesn't even require any extra pulling, in the videos
I've seen and in person. No harder than picking it up from a table. So
i don't know why these are so hard. More sunlight on them?