Posted to rec.woodworking
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default My Email To Home Depot Regarding The Husky Hand Tool Replacment Process

On Thursday, October 19, 2017 at 4:27:56 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Completely unrelated to the situation here. But its a return story so it sort of complies. I received a Harbor Freight cart a few months ago. Ordered online. It was missing all the bolts to assemble it. I called and talked to the Harbor customer service. First person said the only option was to box it up and return it or go to the local store and get it replaced. Not a convenient option for me. I asked for Harbor to send me the missing bolts. But those were not available. Couple days later I called back with an idea. New person on the phone. I mentioned that Harbor sells several packages of bolts and washers online. I asked them to send me several of these nuts and bolts packages to replace the missing bolts from my cart. Harbor customer guy agreed and I received lots of nuts and bolts. I assembled the cart and have lots of extra nuts and bolts in containers left over. In the end Harbor Freight did the right thing.

Many years ago (30?) I bought a rolling wooden kitchen cart from JCPenny. I
forget what was wrong with it, but when I called them they said they would
ship out a new one and I could return the old one to the store so I didn't
have to ship it back. (It's a heavy enclosed unit, not just open shelving.)

Anyway, while the picture on the box looked the same, the top was much
better looking on the replacement unit than the original. More of a true
butcher block. SWMBO and I laid out all the pieces (doors, cutting board,
top, etc.) and used the best looking parts from both carts to build a better
looking cart than was in either box. This was the microwave stand in our
first apartment. We still have it in the kitchen of our house.